Thursday, March 26, 2020

SWITZERLAND & ITALY 2020 - UPDATES DUE TO COVID-19 (27 MARCH 2020)

Due to the serious worldwide situation of the current outbreak of COVID-19, we decided to cancel our planned trip to Zurich, Luzern, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Zermatt, and Milan in May 2020. It is not worth the risk to travel at the moment. 

By canceling the trip we had to cancel all the accommodation made earlier, some are free of charge whilst for the property in Milan and Lauterbrunnen, a request had to be put up (through booking.com) to waive the room charges which had passed the free cancellation period. Luckily the property in Milan agreed to waive the cancellation fee and I would like to thank them for being understanding with this global situation. I am still waiting for the property in Lauterbrunnen to waive the cancellation fee and am hoping for positive feedback.

We are still waiting for our carrier Thai Airways to cancel our flight back from Milan on 21 May 2020 and be refunded.


On 13 March 2020 I received an email from Thai Airways informing me they had canceled my flight from Milan to Bangkok and replacing it with a flight from Zurich to Bangkok on 21 May 2020. With this information, I emailed Thai Airways to request a full refund of the fare. Till today, 17 March 2020 I have yet to receive their reply. 

updated - 17 March 2020



On 20 March 2020, I received an email from Thai Airways informing me about the cancelation of flight TG418 KUL-BKK from 4 May 2020 to TG416 KUL-BKK on 6 May 2020. I found this flight adjustment ridiculous as my previous flight itinerary (KUL-BKK, BKK-ZRH is a connecting flight) is as follows:
4 May 2020 KUL-BKK
5 May 2020 BKK-ZRH

With the new flight adjustment, the itinerary is 👇. It seems they are trying not to refund the fare even though their unprofessional action (connecting flight blunder) clearly shows it. How can I travel to Zurich from Bangkok on 5 May 2020 and travel from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok on 6 May 2020? Just refund me the fare due to the COVID-19 situation worldwide.

updated 20 March 2020@1950


On 24 March 2020, I received another email from Thai Airways informing me about the cancellation of flights TG416 KUL-BKK and (6 May 2020) and TG415 BKK-KUL (22 May 2020) after realizing their mistakes which I had mentioned above on 20 March 2020. But they have yet to cancel my flight TG970 BKK-ZRH (5 May 2020) to avoid refunding the fare I guess.


updated 26 March 2020@1802



Today, 27 March 2020 I received another email from Thai Airways about the cancellation of all my flights TG970 BKK-ZRH on 5 May 2020 and TG971 ZRH-BKK on 21 May 2020. With this cancellation, all my flights KUL-BKK, BKK-ZRH, MXP-BKK, ZRH-BKK (flight adjustment) and BKK-KUL.

With these cancellations hopefully, Thai Airways will refund me the full fare.
updated 27 March 2020@1104







2 comments:

  1. Hi, did you manage to waive the room charges in Zermatt hotel?

    I have booked a room at Bristol Hotel through booking.com but the hotel is rejecting any waiver agreement. They say that the ski resort is open and there is no problem with the COVID 19 over there.

    I think they are not being serious with global situation as they receive hosts from all over the world passing through various airports, airplanes and trains to get there. Im my case, I fly from Argentina into madrid where spanish government suggests not to travel unnecessarily, then into Zurich and finaly by train to Zermatt which is 2 hours away form the 16 million people put into quarantine and where the swiss government has just shut down the border.

    It is not a personal problem. Hotel has to contribute to the world situation. Cancellation policies should change as it is not a particular situation but a global one. People are suggested not to travel anywhere.

    Hope they reconsider at least changing the dates so for us not to loose the money!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mencari Penapis Air MURAH dan Berkualiti?

    Bio ULTRA ALKALINE pilihan Terbaik? Kenapa?
    1 - Harga jauh lebih Murah dr Jenama-jenama terkenal.
    2 - Kualiti Air setanding dgn Jenama antarabangsa.
    3 - Filter2 yg berkualiti dan mendapat Sijil HALAL JAKIM
    4 - Servis Berkala, ada Warranty & Design menarik
    5 - Pemasangan sepantas 1-2 Hari shj (Seluruh Semenanjung)
    6 - Tiada bayaran bulanan
    7 - Lebih 15 Model penapis air / water filter / master filter / water cooler dan lain2

    HARGA bermula dr RM699

    KAMI juga menjual semua jenis filter penapis air (Semua Model Termasuk Coway, cuckoo, Jik soo, hijrah, elken dan lain2) RM250 utk 4 Filter TERMASUK POSTAGE

    http://penapis-air-bioultra.blogspot.com/

    Hubungi:
    0178895990 atau whatsapp click https://wa.me/60178895990

    ReplyDelete

SWITZERLAND 2022 - THE JOURNEY BEGINS

KUL-ZUR Alas after more than 2 years of being unable to travel we flew to Zurich via Bangkok on 1 November 2022 for our much-awaited trip to...